The Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DBCA) reports:
- Trail-building company Common Ground Trails has completed the detailed designs for Trails 7 and 11. These have been reviewed by the DBCA in the field, with construction approval pending.
- The detailed design for Trail 6 has been approved and construction began on 10 March (copy of P1 Collie Mail article, right).
Wiilman Bilya Walk Trail
- The heritage survey brief has been completed and issued to the nominated consultant for a quote.
- Consultations are continuing with Main Roads WA over the completion of Stage 1 (along Coalfields Highway).
Wellington National Park
- A brief has been completed and a quote is now being sought to undertake a heritage survey in the Park.
Collie River Suspension Bridge
- Quotes have been received for:
- Geotechnical investigations for bridge design
- Initial engineering advice on the bridge’s pier locations and river flow modelling.